Writing Contest - Stepping into our next contest: “High Heel Sneakers”
Writing prompt:We want to hear about a piece of clothing that has personal significance to you! Pick one of our 25 phrase prompts and write about a personal history with a clothing item related to that prompt and why it means so much to you. Below is a list of the prompts. ok to use a prompt already selected, but the contest will not be over until all of the prompts have been “a-dressed.”
1. Blue suede shoes
2. Birthday suit
3. Poodle skirt
4 . Zoot suit
5. “These boots were made for walking”
6. “So your shoe, so are you”
7. “Skirting” the issue
8. Jean genes
9. Hats off to you
10. Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes
11. Wife-beater shirt
12. Leather and lace
13. Punks and patches
14. Dressed to kill
15. Feeling nearly faded as my jeans
16. Itsi-bitsi-teenie-weenie yellow polka-dot bikini
17. Ugly Christmas sweater
18. Your Famous Blue Raincoat
19. Black tie
20. The shirt off my back
21. Caps and gowns
22. Mismatched socks
23. Cargo shorts
24. “man pockets”
25. Handkerchief ((*I put this one in because it’s an odd word that I find interesting*))
The winner will receive a pair of ruby slippers to walk down your own yellow brick road.
Submit your story- it’s a shoe in!
How to Submitsend entries to email@example.com title must be included, Times New Roman, double spaced. Contest ends when all 25 prompts have a story behind them. Enter up to three stories. OK to pick a prompt already in use
Trophy/prizeA custom trophy featuring the Ruby Slippers coveted by the Wicked Witch of the West
- Max number of words: 500 words
- Accepted formats: .doc, double-spaced
- Deadline: Monday January 1, 2018, midnight
- Entry Fee: 10.00
*Pay Entrance Fee
*Optional for previous contestants.
By submitting your work, you are giving AWwYP the right to publish your work on this site and one-time rights in hard copy, after which all rights revert back to the author.
We reserve the right not to publish anything that is sent to us.